THE HELP YOU NEED, ALL RIGHT HERE.
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) 24/7 National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1.800.656.4673, with an additional Online Hotline that provides live, secure, anonymous crisis support for victims of sexual violence, their friends, and families over RAINN’s website. The Online Hotline is free of charge and is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- The National Dating Abuse Helpline is the direct service provider behind loveisrespect.org, operating the 24/7 phone, text and chat services. Text “loveis” to 22522 or call 1.866.331.9474. It is a national, 24-hour resource specifically designed for teens and young adults and is accessible by phone or Internet. It offers real-time, one-on-one help from peer advocates with support, information and advocacy to those involved in dating abuse relationships as well as concerned friends, parents, teachers, clergy, law enforcement and service providers.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1.800.273.TALK. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The Trevor Project offers help for young people (13-24) who identify as LGBTQ: 1.866.488.7386
- The Male Survivor organization is dedicated to overcoming sexual victimization of boys and men.
- Green Dot Faculty Toolkit published by Western Oregon University includes paper topics, extra credit assignments, in-class awareness activities, journal and writing assignments, and scholarly journals related to the green dot message. For more information about the green dot, click here.